Are you a Redondo Beach resident? This link and these simple direction could help you get and keep your dog registered.
All Star Pet Resort is Located in Torrance, CA at 951 w 223rd St. Conveniently located just west of the 110 freeway at 223rd. Offering both pet boarding and grooming All Star Pet Resort provides quality affordable care for your pets.
- The laws for dog licensing are defined by the Redondo Beach Municipal Code
- See sections 5-1.105, 5-1.107, and 5-1.109.
- Dogs over the age of four months:
- Must be licensed within 30 days of taking residence in the City or becoming the owner or custodian of the dog
- Must be licensed annually
- Must wear the metal license tags on the caller to be readily visible
- Must have a current rabies vaccine
Click here to jump to the Financial Services Department pet licensing page for the current license fees. http://www.redondo.org/depts/financial/animal_licenses.asp
What is the purpose of animal licensing?
- Licensing protects your pet.
- Licensing is an important means of identification
- If your pet is lost, Animal Services can cross reference the Redondo Beach licensing tag number to reunite you and your pet quicker
- Licensing requires rabies vaccination.
- A current rabies vaccinations reduces your pet’s likelihood of contracting rabies through urban wildlife and non-vaccinated domestic animals.
- Licensing is required by City law and failure to license may result in fines, penalties or citations.
- Complete a Redondo Beach Dog License Application form.
- Provide proof of current rabies vaccination.
- Provide proof of spay or neutering if claiming this fee reduction (for first time license)
- Provide government photo identification with your age if claiming reduced rates for seniors.
- Pay the fees for the license.
- Obtain an application form and information from the Redondo Beach Financial Services Department
- At the Financial Services website athttp://www.redondo.org/depts/financial/animal_licenses.asp
- By clicking here for a Redondo Beach Dog License Application form
- By visiting their office at the Redondo Beach City Hall
- Complete the dog license application
- Click here to download the pet license application.http://www.redondo.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=1610
- Obtain a current rabies vaccination for your dog.
- Obtain the proof of the rabies vaccination (certificate)
- Provide a certificate of proof of spay or neutering if claiming this fee reduction (for first time license)
- Determine the fees for the license
- Submit your documents and fees in-person or by mail:
- In-Person at:
- Redondo Beach City Hall, 415 Diamond Street, Door C, Redondo Beach CA 90277
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Financial Services Department and Animal Services Unit are closed on alternate Fridays.
- Please jump to http://www.redondo.org/cals/default.asp for a calendar with City Hall closures.
- Payment must be made at the Financial Services Cashier at City Hall Door E
- By Mail
- Send copies of your documents and a check or money order made to the City of Redondo Beach at:
City of Redondo Beach
Financial Services Department
Attn: Dog Licensing
P.O. Box 270
Redondo Beach CA 90277
- Send only copies of your rabies certificate and/or sterility certificate ; do not send originals. Originals will not be returned to you.
- Go to the Redondo Beach City Hall at 415 Diamond Street, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 at Door C
- Contact the Financial Services licensing unit and pay one dollar for a replacement tag.
- You may request a license by mail, but you must make arrangements to pay the one dollar fee for the replacement tag.